CAVMRC Online Fall Training – November 8, 2020
With over 2,300 volunteers, the California Veterinary Medical Reserve Corps (CAVMRC) provides emergency veterinary medical care to animals in disasters. As part of the CAVMRC’s mission to train and credential veterinary professionals to support animal and public health during a disaster, the CAVMRC is offering a low-cost, interactive online continuing education course to veterinarians, RVTs, and veterinary assistants.
By registering for this course, you are also registering to become a volunteer member of the CAVMRC, if you are not already a current member. CAVMRC membership is free and participation is strictly voluntary. This course is only available to CAVMRC members.
Animals in Disasters – Common Medical Conditions
This course provides detailed information on emergency/critical care topics that can benefit you in everyday practice as well as during a disaster response. Course instructors are Dorrie Black, DVM, MPVM, DACVECC and Grant Miller, DVM.
- Traumatic Injuries/Triage
- Fire-related Injuries – Burn Assessment
- Fire-related Injuries – Burn Dressings
- Disease Outbreaks in Temporary Shelters
- Deployment in the CAVMRC
Maximum of 6.5 CEUs. The CVMA is a statutorily-approved California CE provider.
Sunday, November 8, 2020
Introduction: 8:45 AM
Class: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
|Registration closes November 1, 2020
Registration closes November 1, 2020.
CAVMRC questions: Contact Dr. Grant Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminar questions: Contact Della Yee at email@example.com.
California Veterinary Medical Reserve Corps
1400 River Park Drive, Suite 100
All requests must be made in writing and submitted by fax, email or regular mail no later than October 15, 2020 to receive a full refund, less 10 percent administration fee. No refunds after October 15, 2020 or for NO SHOWS (including registrations received after this date). Attendee substitutions okay.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The purchase of webinar attendance is for use by the attendee only and login/passwords provided by the CVMA should not be shared with others; doing so may hinder your own access, as webinar is by pre-registration only.
- Course materials provided by the CVMA is for use by the registered attendee only and may not be reproduced or shared with others.
- Attendee confirmation and handouts will be on Tuesday, November 3. If you did not receive either, please contact the CVMA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.655.2862.
- Login information will be emailed on Thursday, November 5. If you did not receive your login, please contact the CVMA by email at email@example.com or phone at 800.655.2862.
- The virtual platform CVMA uses allows audio, documents, materials, chat and Q&A exchanged or viewed during the session may be recorded. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings.
- CVMA and its service provider of audio and online conferencing services are not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others that obtain access through illegal measures.